Thursday, March 22, 2007

If Daddy drinks from a cup, so can I!


Ever the adventurer, yesterday I decided to try my hand at drinking from a cup! I've watched Mommy & Daddy do it and it really doesn't look so hard. Looks like you get to drink a lot more than milk too! So as Daddy drank some water, I made my saddest "I want some" eyes, and reached for that cup. I got excited, even flapped my arms and kicked my legs to show him that I meant business. Mommy & Daddy laughed and thought I was cute. I wasn't trying to be cute. I really wanted some of that water from a cup! Finally Daddy gave in and let me sip out of his cup. I was a natural! The water was pretty cold though, so I was only allowed a couple sips. When Daddy took the cup away I cried in protest! But to no avail. Luckily he proceeded to distract me and I soon forgot!

Later in the day I was having a bottle because Mommy was at work, and I was getting silly and not wanting to finish it. So Daddy had a brainstorm! He took of the lid and let me drink the rest of the milk straight out of the bottle like a cup!! I feel like such a big boy when I do this... I heard Mommy say something about getting me my very own sippy? I'm not sure what that is, but if it is like a cup, I'm in!!

Also, for those of you following my food consumption, you should know I have been eating carrots for the past few days! Today I am going to try apple & apricots... the apple I've had before. Next new veggie is supposedly going to be green...

Today's picture is me looking adorable as ever, dressed as a wee pirate! HYARRR!!!