Friday, March 23, 2007

Got my Sippy!


Yesterday Mommy took me to the store and together we picked out my very fist sippy cup! It is green and blue! This morning Mommy let me drink some juice from it! (I don't usually get to drink juice, but apparently this is magical juice that helps you "go"..)
At first I wasn't sure what to do with the sippy and I tried to eat it. Then I realized you had to suck like a bottle. Mommy held it for me until I got the hang of sipping from it. Then she let me hold onto it all by myself with the handles! At first I wasn't getting any juice, and Mommy showed me that the cup has to be tilted. After I got the idea, I did pretty well at using my sippy all by myself! Mommy had to intervene from time to time and get me back on track when I forgot what to do, but she said she was really proud of me and how I was able to use my big boy cup!! Before you know it I won't even need the sippy lid!

Yesterday I also got to try apricots. (They are mixed with apple sauce and very yummy!) At the store we bought some peas for next week... I'll let you know how green vegetables taste...

My teeth are still hurting me and I'm not getting much sleep. Neither are Mommy and Daddy... they look pretty sleepy lately. I may have to give them a rest one of these nights. Daddy got me some teething tablets yesterday. I'm not sure if they even work. But if it makes Mommy and Daddy happy, I'll go along with it for now!

Today's picture is my using my very first sippy cup for the very first time!