Monday, February 26, 2007

Reminiscing



Today I pause to reflect on the fact that I will be five months old on Thursday.

Mommy is constantly telling me what a big boy I'm becoming, how quickly I've grown, and how once I was just a tiny little guy. I humor her by listening to the stories since I can see it makes her a little sad to realize just how far I've come in such a short time.

Just five months ago I was in Mommy's tummy... just a few days away from coming into this great big world. We spent every second together me & Mommy. She was with me for every kick, every punch, every squiggle, even every hiccup! She could hold my little feet even then if I kicked them out hard enough! Mommy was always rubbing me in her belly and singing to me. Daddy would talk to me and play music for me in there. It was a pretty sweet place. I can see Mommy's eyes tearing up as she types for me... you gotta love her.

Just four months and 4 weeks ago I was born. It was a really hard day. Two days actually. It took a long time to get me here and in the end they had the come at me with these giant metal things called forceps that kinda squished my little head. I wasn't sure what to think, it was really bright and cold and loud and there were a whole lot of people around me. I didn't get to see Mommy right away, but Daddy stayed with me the whole time while I got weighed and measured and cleaned up. I was only 7lb 5oz back then, and was bald on the top of my head! Finally Mommy got to see me and she cried. I was the most beautiful thing she had ever seen. I had giant dark eyes and I never blinked. Me and Mommy stared at each other for a very long time. Until they put the gunk in my eyes....

I came home three days after I was born and kept Mommy & Daddy BUSY! I made sure Mommy barely got time to shower or even brush her teeth! I cried a lot and stayed up all night. I couldn't help it though... it was a lot different in my new home, I just wasn't used to any of it. We all adjusted eventually though and things became easier for everyone.

Mommy can barely believe that in five short months I've gone from being a tiny tiny guy in her tummy, to a newborn baby with jerking arms who only knew how to cry, to looking around, smiling, cooing, laughing, holding, drooling, babbling, rolling, sitting, hugging... being the best little guy Mommy could ever imagine. Mommy tried to explain to me just how I make her feel and just how perfect her world is now that I am here, but she didn't really have the words. All I know is I must be a really amazing little guy because Mommy & Daddy love me a whole lot.

Anyhow... that is my trip down memory lane (mostly for Mommy's sake!) Next time we will move forward and get back to the business at hand!! Today I have decided to include a picture of me as a tiny tiny guy...although Mommy will likely cry as she posts it ;)