Wednesday, August 20, 2008

2 Year Checkup




Yesterday I went to see Dr. Gibson for my 2 year checkup. It was a little early (I won't be 2 until next month) but since we're leaving for Oma's in Comox next week for three weeks, and then heading out to Ontario, Mommy wanted to get the appointment in before the big move. Mostly it was a formality and to say goodbye to Dr. Gibson who was also my Daddy's Dr. when he was a baby and growing up.


As usual I was pretty upset when the nurse came in and when Dr. Gibson came in, and I spent most of the time with my head buried in Mommy or Daddy's neck. Luckily there were no shots this time. Had I understood this right off the bat maybe I wouldn't have been so upset! Nothing too exciting happened, Mommy & Daddy just chatted with the Dr. and I got weighed. I am 26 lbs now. I didn't get measured because I was too scared, but I'm pretty tall... that much is for sure :)

On another note, my new words in the past few days are "key", "up", "tree", "beep beep", "upsy" (for Upsy Daisy), and my first two word combo... "it's hot"!! I've also started learning my alphabet, though I call pretty much every letter "E" and some of them "C".