Thursday, April 24, 2008

Zzzzzzzz.....

Ladies and Gentlemen, I am proud to announce, that for almost three full weeks... I have been sleeping. Mommy and Daddy are beside themselves with joy, and I must admit I'm enjoying it as well. I used to sleep for a while, then wake for a while, then sleep for a while... often I would wake up for hours at a time in the middle of the night. Mommy & Daddy were exhausted. I did it for a whole year and a half.

Three weeks ago Mommy decided to try cutting my daytime nap to 1 hour. No more. Lots of days that's all I sleep anyways, but if I go over, they will wake me up. The results? Three weeks of sleep at night! Coincidence? Perhaps... but regardless, something is working! I will still wake briefly for my soother, or a sip of water or a brief cuddle, but am now back to sleep within minutes.

I am asleep by about 7:45 or 8:00pm and usually wake up around 6:30am now when Mommy gets up for work. Well, really I start waking up around 6:00am, but I have snuggle time with Mommy and Daddy for about 1/2 hour before really getting up for the day.

I think it's making Mommy and Daddy pretty happy... apparently Mommy even got a comment at work that she has some kind of spring in her step these days and doesn't look so haggard... I guess a non-haggard Mommy is a good thing :)

Here's to many more nights of SLEEP!!